sábado, 9 de octubre de 2010

Someone who I admire


The woman of the picture is Zaha Hadid, she is an architect. She studied Mathematics and then Architecture, she was student of Rem Koolhaas and followed his steps.

I really like her architectural style, she is very innovative, she uses organic forms and she always tries to make projects that have public spaces.

She was the first woman to win the Pritzker, that is a price that awards the best architect and it is given every year, it's like the Nobel price for the Architects.

I have never been in one of her buildings but it would be really exciting. I hope that one day I could visit the bridge that she made in Zaragoza in Spain, for the Expo Zaragoza 2008.

I think that she is really an inspiration, not only for me as a student of architecture, but also for all women that are being successful on their fields. Because she is not the typical successful person, she is a woman, she is Iranian, and she is not good looking, so I imagine that it should not have been easy for her to get were she is know. Also the fact that she is Iranian is very important, because there is a lot of discrimination for the Muslims around the world. 



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario